Subject Vision Statement
Our aims in teaching science are that all children will:
- retain and develop their natural sense of curiosity about the world around them
- develop a set of attitudes which will promote scientific ways of thinking, including open-endedness, perseverance, objectivity and a recognition of the importance of teamwork
- come to understand the nature of "scientific method" involving: meticulous observation, the making and testing of hypotheses, the design of fair and controlled experiments, the drawing of meaningful conclusions through critical reasoning and the evaluation of evidence
- become effective communicators of scientific ideas, facts and data
- begin to build up a body of scientific knowledge and understanding which will serve as a foundation for future enquiry.
As part of the school's Catholic ethos, we apply our science knowledge to look after our world in response to Pope Francis' encyclical letter Laudato Si'.